Thursday, July 26, 2007

Preview Night

comicon_01

WOW. Preview Night was HUGE. I've never seen so many people at ComiCon before! Eric and I wandered around the hall for a few hours getting a mental map of where the booths we most want to hit are.

I got to talk briefly with Chris Sanders (Lilo & Stitch) and his assistant (well, more his assistant, he was busy) which is the major highlight of the Con for me. His style is just incredible, and he and his assistant are so friendly. Last year he did an AMAZING sketch for me. His Sketchbook 2 this year is just fantastic. Reading through it felt like I was drinking each page of art, and when I closed it I felt... visually full. You can't tell worth a damn from Replay-Value but his style has had a big influence on me. I think if I can meet up with Mike Kunkel again (Herobear & the Kid) I'll have talked with my two heroes and be on Cloud 9. And the Con hasn't even officially started yet!

The Sketch
ChrisSandersSketch2006

Chris Sanders' Site

Mike Kunkel's Blog