Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So, uh, yeah....

Did I ever mention this before?



Well, now's as good a time as ever I guess!

Electronic music sensation The Volt Per Octaves asked Replay Value Studios to produce the artwork for their sophomore album, "moogsaic"! The CD will be available both online and in-stores WORLDWIDE.

These guys are really, really awesome. I know Nick, the lead moog-er, from work at Trader Joe's. At one of their concerts he saw me drawing in my sketchbook and liked what he saw so much he insisted I draw the album art for his band's new CD! OF COURSE I said YES! And after much hard work it's finally available.
Seriously, Nick and his wife Anne are just fantastic, their first album is available on iTunes so be sure to check it out.

This is one of a few reasons that Replay-Value has been lagging so poorly recently. Expect to see many many more collaborations between the VPO and RPV in the future. I'll try to post pictures of the actual CD case tomorrow. It's really surreal seeing my Replay-Value caricatures on a real-world product that will be available in stores around the globe. Not to mention on posters, t-shirts, magnets, stickers, and even matchbooks!

Edit: Oh yeah, and on that poster, where it says "featuring collaborations with Roger Manning Jr (of Beck and Air)"? Inside the CD cover are caricatures of everyone featured on the CD. Caricaturing the keyboard-player from Beck? Not stressful at all.




(He loved it!)