Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Welcome to Hell - Part 10 - Conclusion // 026 - Daniel's Newer Friend

replayvalue025

Well, there you have it folks! The end of my huge-ass arc. Which also happens to be Replay Value #25! Yay! I'm really sorry that it was so late.

Also, yes, I did mean to leave Beth out of the wrap-up. She'll get her own arc later on.

And now, today's comic:

replayvalue026

Daniel finally caved in and bought a DS lite the other day. I've been playing Trace Memory on mine alot recently and seeing my enjoyment, he became needy of his own dual-screened fun machine. With his DS he got Mario Kart DS, NEW! Super Mario Bros, and Trace Memory. He loves it oh so much.

To best him, though, I went out and bought Mario VS Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis... holy SHIT this game is excellent. It's really nothing like the first one, gameplay-wise, (it's much more like a very hands-on Lemmings) but it is so much fun, and getting top rank on each level is such an insane challenge. It also has a level-building mode, but to unlock all the different parts you need to get a Gold Star rank on each of the 9 levels, plus the boss levels, in the 8 worlds. This makes the replay value shoot through the roof. The game actually encourages you to play through each level slowly to get a feel for it, and then come back to find the quickest, most efficient way out to earn that fuckin' Gold Star.
My ONLY qualm with this game is how you share the levels you've built with other people. Nintendo's Friend Codes for their WiFi Connection is a pain in the ass. But seeing as that's just an extra bonus and not part of the main game, I score it...
Mario VS Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis: 10/10
Oh shit, my first game review.

Now, ofcourse, I'm going to talk about the Season 3 Premire of LOST. I got to watch it yesterday after work, and... I'm hooked all over again. The opening scene had me saying, "Wait, what..what...What the FUCK?" and the ending scene with Jack actually made me cry. It was intense. (I got choked up in the first season when Jack was saying his wedding vows, but this actually got the tears flowing. I'm man enough to admit it!)
I'm so glad I changed my work schedule to have Wednesdays off.