Friday, October 13, 2006

029 - Too Much Good Stuff

replayvalue029

The second panel here is a work-in-progress. Not that I'm going to change it, but more of, the style of Replay Value is meant to change dramatically when video games are depicted. I don't know if I'm going to always do it with vector art or what, which is why it's a WIP. I've got until a week after the November Launch to figure it out though, so expect to see quite a few game-related comics between now and then.

In the last month I've bought and enjoyed more games on my DS then I have in the two-plus years I've owned it. Daniel, in about a week and a half's time, has almost as many DS games as I've collected since 2004. The DS is now my most-played system. I don't think of it as a handheld, it's just too good. I've owned every GameBoy since the Brick from the 80s and the DS is THE most entertaining version ever. Sure the GB and GBA had some really ace games, but the DS is just in another league. It's the Super Nintendo of handhelds. Like a second Golden Age of gaming.

Polarium. It came out with the DS but I could never bring myself to pay full price for it. Well, I finally found a used copy for $10 so I bit the bullet and got it. It.. is really fucking hard. Like, really hard. There are apparently 100+ puzzles in the Single-Player challenge setting and I'm stuck on #17. Fuck Polarium.

I'm in World 6 of March of the Minis now. This game just keeps getting better and better.